Sunday, December 7, 2008

Redefining Absentism

How absent minded have you been?

Beat this one :)

Project over and after obtaining a release, I was clearly pleased and the excitement was evident on my face. Getting back to the city which I have grown to love, was definitely something to look forward for.

Chatting with my friend over dinner, we set out to the station to catch the 21:30 train to Bangalore. Discussion was on the current Wall Street collapse and effect it will have on us!

Almost at the station, I had a sudden revelation, something which was probably lingering in my sub-conscience, it popped up - poof. Where is my train ticket. Aaaaaugh, I checked my large plastic bag I was carrying that contained some books and large envelopes having my transcripts. Bah! I remembered giving a print out, and had forgotten to collect it, and that's what was hidden within the deep realms of my conscience, which decided to come out only when I am at the station.

Another neural surge and I remembered reading at the irctc website that failure to carry ticket would involve a fine of only Rs. 50/-, if you had your identification. My pal was still saying something about getting a print from a nearby browsing center.

I was still in the process of searching - since I remember having taken another copy earlier and probably hid it somewhere in the middle of tons of sheets which I was carrying, when another surge suggested, to look in my luggage. LUGGAGE?

Where is my god damn luggage. With a sinking feeling I swept the back of the Auto. No bag. It was peacefully resting in the luggage room back at office. I swore. Asked the Auto champ if it is possible to go and come back in time for the train. He looked at me incredulously, sensing that he was dealing with a mad person, and I was pretty sure he would say - 'Yeah sure, not to the Station but to the mental asylum'. When he realized that I had left the luggage at the office, his doubt vanished and he definitely knew he was dealing with a nitwit - 'You left your luggage? Hold on, you mean are you the one who is traveling and you left your luggage, even a fool will know he has to carry something when he is traveling'. I wished I could explain to him, that well the luggage was not with me, but in the luggage room and after dinner, I was so damn deep in discussion with my friend, that we just got out of office, walked up to the Auto Stand and pronto here we were!! But I knew no explanation would edge that disbelief he had on his face.

Well that's what happened, I walked out of our office to get to the station, left my ticket and luggage and very nonchalantly reached the station to catch the train.

Picture it and damn I still get the laughs when I think about it. ROFL.

7 comments:

Addy said...

lols... ! check your brain in the luggage... you must've left it behind as well...

syed junaith said...

jatty, so what happened dude...did u board the train? or decided to stay back in chennai one more night?

Taj said...

luckily one of my colleagues was still at office, he rushed to office with the luggage - and in couple a min the train left - twas like a movie.

Abdul Ahad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abdul Ahad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
peeran said...

hahahahaha!!!! u are a nut!!!! if u had ur ticket am sure you wld have reached blre w/o the luggage!!! ROFL

~anu~ said...

WHAT!!!!!!!!! RRRRRRRREALLLLY!! U MUST BE KIDDIN!!! OMG!!!
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROFL! OMG!OMG!OMG! NUT!